IPAPA event, Converse First Brush of Fall
September 25, 2021 (Early check-ins welcome).
Once again, it’s a free event with a free breakfast provided by the Masons lodge. Although its free, we need an RSVP with your email to send you directions to places, housing, etc, and for planning purposes.
- Five judge’s choice awards, $500 each
- Hosted by The Converse Historical Society and Avon Waters family
- A Senna, Richeson backpack with tripod holder award, just added
- CHS agrees to purchase 1-3 paintings for its public collection which includes works by Larry Rudolech, Mary Ann Davis, the Tom and Dan Woodson, Jeff Kinker and more who attended in past years
- Art sale while judging, rain or shine event
- Canvas stamping for artists arriving as early as Thursday, September 23 may get their canvases stamped at the library, direction packet, goodies—Indiana 18 and Jefferson Street
- Meet in the post office parking lot, Jefferson Street.
- 6:30 – 8:30 am – free breakfast by Masons Lodge # 601, 104 N. Madison Street, free will donation is appreciated.
- 6:30 – 9:00 am – Canvas stamping, directions, and goodie bag, at the Masons lodge
- Lunch – we encourage you to support the event sponsors listed in your registration materials
- 3:30 pm – Music begins at Commons area, Jefferson and Brandon streets
- 3:00 – 4:30 pm – Artist may set up sale items at the Converse Commons, Jefferson and Brandon streets—only works painted at the event please
- 4:30 pm – Judging and sales will begin promptly,
- Awards and photo of winners
- After party at Waters home, 11296 S. 950 E., Converse, woodfired pizza, and more – BYOB—
Wabash, Kokomo, Peru, and Marion are all about equal distance from Converse. The DNR Mississinewa Lake campground is about 11 miles away.
We keep this event free from the bi-annual donations of sponsors – including IPAPA–and families donating all the money for the prizes and purchase awards to the community art collection and foods.