Tomb of the Unknown Soldier Replica
A half-sized replica of the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier is traveling across the United States and will be in New Castle at The Arts Park and Pavilion starting Saturday, October 23rd. We invite you to join us as we honor the 100th anniversary of the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and pay our respects to soldiers from World War I, World War II, the Korean War, and Viet Nam War.
- October 23rd – 10:00 am Parade on Broad Street starting at 11th Street and turning onto 15th Street.
- Following the parade: An opening ceremony featuring Sgt. Matt Kreeb, 510th Sentinel Tomb Guard.
- Live presentations, videos, a movie at the New Castle Henry County Public Library, and veteran information groups.
- Throughout the weekend, volunteer groups will be scheduled to lay wreaths on the Tomb.
- This event marks the beginning of the Stockings For Soldiers campaign to provide gift items to soldiers.
You are invited to visit the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier replica on Saturday, October 23rd, from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm, and on Sunday, October 24th, from 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
Location: The Arts Park and Pavilion, 218 S. 15th Street, New Castle, Indiana
Duration: 2 days
Open to the public
The event and exhibit are sponsored by Hinsey Brown Funeral Service & Crematory.
Sat – Mon closed
Tue – Fri 9 am–4 pm
Hours subject to change